French luxury house Louis Vuitton has released a unique Tambour Diver chronograph for Only Watch 2011 charity. This sporty timepiece was designed in collaboration with Young Boy afflicted with Duchenne muscular dystrophy named Paul Pettavino. The beautiful timepiece has a black gold case with orange face and bezel detail, and a thick orange strap. PVD coated watch is 100 m waterproof and is engraved with the logo of Only Watch 2011 on the backside of the watch.
The watch has a transparent back so that the wearer may see the LJP 8181 movement with column wheel, also personalized by Paul Pettavino with a message and a ‘nautical sound’ recorded by Paul himself. The co-designer has also contributed in Louis Vuitton’s Only Watch piece for Only Watch 2007 and Only Watch 2009.
Technical datas - Tambour Diving II Chronographe Only Watch 2011
- Extra large + Tambour (45.5mm)
- Black gold case and buckle (white gold with black PVD treatment)
- Rubber strap
- 100m waterproof
- Sapphire glass with reflection-proof coating
- Diving function: unidirectional rotating bezel with diving time indicator
- Chronograph function
- LJP 8181 automatic column wheel movement (La Joux-Perret)
- Power reserve of 48h
- 28,800 oscillations per hour