Wednesday 15 June 2011

Newest Photography Trend - Planking and Levitation

What is the newest photography trend now???

Planking and Levitation


Planking is known as face down or lying down game.The hands must touch the sides of the body, and having a photograph of the participant taken and posted on the Internet.

Planking is known as 仆街 in mandarin (仆街攝影潮流).Which looks really stupid but it's fun too....:)


These two taiwanese who known as PUJIE 仆街 in chinese girl Jinyu (25-years-old) in Taipei and Karren (28-years-old) in Taichung, who love photography.
















join the
 official planking facebook fans page from australia


PUJIE GIRL facebook fans page



Levitation photography

Tokyo photographer Natsumi Hayashi's self-portraits are sparking an Internet sensation and garnering attention all over the globe. In each image she appears to be levitating -- an effect she achieves by jumping up and down as many as 300 times in an effort to get the perfect shot.


Isn't it looks cool.......












This is how she do the levitation capture

How to take "Today's Levitation" (how I actually do) [2011/03/31]

- Equipments and shutter speed
Camera body: Canon EOS 5D Mk2
Lenses: Canon EF50mm F1.2L USM, EF24-70mm F2.8L USM, PENTAX 67 lenses (with adaptors)
Tripods: Gitzo's rapid-pole 3 steps with ball heads (from 1980s)
Shutter speed: 1/500 sec. or faster (1/320 sec. can be used in a darker condition)

- With a self-timer
EOS 5D Mk2 has a 10sec. timer as it's longest timer set up. This means that I can get away as far as 10 second distance from the camera after I press the shutter release button.
First, I get a composition and a focus manually.
Then I press the shutter release, run to the right position for a levitation as checking the camera's blinking red LED counts down 10 seconds and jump by my intuition.
In this manner, I need to jump over and over to get the right shot.

- Ask someone to press the shutter release button
When I take my levitation farther away from the camera than 10 second distance, I ask someone (mostly my friend) to press the shutter release button. First, I ask my friend to be a stand-in in a proper position to get a composition and a focus.
Then I go to the position to levitate, and my friend come to the camera (we switch our position) to press a shutter release button in time with my jumps.




find more picture on her website

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts